Enrolling Your Child in Our Schools
To be sure the school year gets off to a great start, parents of new students should register their child as early as possible and prior to the first day of classes. The Currituck County Schools Registrar's Office is located at 502 Shortcut Road in Barco, NC. Office hours are 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. daily. The CCS Registrars Office handles the registration process for all 10 schools in Currituck County.Currituck County Schools is pleased to provide a convenient online registration process!
Currituck County Schools understands how valuable time is and therefore offers an easy to use electronic registration system for all new students. As a parent you can complete the majority of your enrollment forms electronically from home or you may use the computers at the Currituck County Schools Registration Center located at 504 Shortcut Road in Barco, NC 27917.To complete the registration process, a legal parent/guardian MUST bring the following documents to the CCS Registration Center.
1. Proof of Currituck County Residency (must have parent/legal guardians name and physical property address) examples: Water bill, cable bill, lease/rental agreement.
2. Evidence of Age (Certified Birth Certificate) Kindergarten students must be 5 on or before August 31st; Pre-K must be 4 on or before August 31st of the school year they will attend.
3. Immunization records signed by a physician (See NEW IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS by clicking HERE)
4. Students enrolling for the first time in a North Carolina school must complete have a current physical on the North Carolina Health Assessment Transmittal Form found HERE, for a Spanish version click HERE.
5. Picture ID of legal parent/guardian
6. Legal Custody agreement (if applicable)
7. Notarized Form (Available HERE) - A certified notary is available at the registrar's office for your convenience.
1. Social Security card of student
2. Transcripts or academic records from prior school (official records will be requested by registrar)
The Currituck County Registration Center can be reached by phone at 252.453.0205 * fax: 252.453.0551 * e-mail email@example.com
Kindergarten RegistrationRegistration for kindergarten classes begins in March and continues through the first few days of school; however, parents are encouraged to register their child well before the first day of school so that class sizes can be determined.
A child must be five years of age on or before August 31st in order to enter kindergarten. An official state birth certificate, proof of residency, immunization record, completed health assessment form, and other documents are not required to register a child initially, but parents are strongly encouraged to bring these documents with them to registration. They are required to be on file with the school when school starts.The Currituck County Health Department can provide the necessary health examination. Please CLICK HERE to find the Health Assessment form that must be used. Instructions for completing can be found HERE. You can call 232-2271 to schedule an appointment at the Health Department.