Currituck County Schools
New Student Registration
CCS Registration Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8am-4pm
To begin your child's registration with Currituck County Schools, you must first complete the online registration process. You must also provide the necessary supporting documents listed below. Please call 252-453-0205 for next steps after online registration is complete.To begin the registration process for next year, 2022-2023 please click on the link below:
1. Proof of Currituck County Residency (must have parent/legal guardians name and physical property address) examples: Water bill, cable bill, lease/rental agreement.
2. Evidence of Age (Certified Birth Certificate) Kindergarten students must be 5 on or before August 31st; Pre-K must be 4 on or before August 31st of the school year they will attend.
3. Immunization records signed by a physician (See NEW IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS by clicking HERE)
4. Students enrolling for the first time in a North Carolina school must have a current physical documented on the North Carolina Health Assessment Transmittal Form found HERE, for a Spanish version click HERE.
5. Picture ID of legal parent/guardian
6. Legal Custody agreement (if applicable)
7. Notarized Form (Available HERE) - A certified notary is available at the registrar's office for your convenience.
1. If available, high school transcripts or academic records from prior school (official records will be requested by registrar).
To reach the Currituck County Registration Center:
2022-2023 Pre-K Registration opens March 1st!
Click below to start the PreK registration process:
Acceptance to the Pre-K program is not considered on a “first come first serve” basis. Children will be considered eligible for the program based on the following criteria:
- MUST reside in Currituck County.
- MUST be completely toilet trained unless there is a documented medical condition to prevent otherwise.
- MUST be four years old on or before August 31, 2022.
- MUST complete the online registration through PowerSchool Registration before May 15, 2022.
- MUST meet the screening qualifications conducted by the CCS Pre-K Director.
Please bring the following items to the CCS Registration office to begin the PreK application process:
- Child’s Birth Certificate for proof of age.
- Verification of Income – 2021 W-2 forms or 2021 1040 Income Tax form (i.e. 1040 form or 1040 EZ form) or current paystub(s) representing total monthly household income.
- Proof of Residence – Bills must be dated within the last 30 days – utility or service bill attached to the address of residency (water, cable, electric bill)
Upon successful completion of the registration process and screening qualifications, you will be notified of your child’s acceptance into the CCS Pre-K Program.
If you have additional questions about our Pre-K program, please contact Rebecca Palumbo at (252) 453-0205, ext. 1037 for more information.