Morning Arrival: 7:30-7:50am
Afternoon Dismissal: 2:25-2:40
- Car & Daycare Riders: The Morning carpool line will begin at the side door of the gym, looping around the parent parking lots to ease morning traffic jams and to allow ease of access. After being dropped off, car riders will report directly to homeroom to check-in and head to the cafeteria, for a "grab and go breakfast" if desired. Any car rider arriving after 7:50am will need to be escorted through the front door by a parent or guardian to sign in tardy.
- Bus Riders: Buses unload students at the cafeteria entrance of the school beginning at 7:30am. After being dropped off, students will report directly to homeroom to check-in and then head to the cafeteria, for a "grab and go breakfast" if desired.
Transportation Changes:If, on any day during the year, there is a change in the child's usual transportation routine, you must send in a note to the school or call the office (252-435-6521) before 2:15pm with specifics. Please note that after 2:15pm, no more transportation changes or student pick-ups may be made, unless a true emergency arises. Parents are kindly asked to wait by the gym entrance to await student dismissal after 2:15.We can't thank you enough for your continued support, and please let us know if you have any questions. Happy 2018-2019 school year!
- Car Riders: In the afternoons, students will be escorted to the GYM by their teachers, where parent/guardian contact info and identification may be verified. Students who have not been picked up by 2:40 will be escorted to the front office, where the teacher will contact the parent. Drivers are kindly asked to allow buses to first dismiss before exiting the school parking lot.
- Bus Riders: Buses will depart from campus by 2:40pm. Please call the school and speak with Mrs. Farris, Assistant Principal, with any bus questions. For transportation services, please complete a “School Bus Transportation Request Form” from the CCS website.
- YMCA Aftercare: YMCA students go straight to the gym stage afterschool, and parents may check-out students from the stage door entrance by 6:00pm. For enrollment info, please contact YMCA or visit their website at: https://www.ymcashr.org/after-school-child-care-currituck-family-ymca
- Daycare Van Riders: Daycare vans will park in a line beside the gym, and teachers will drop off their students with the daycare directors at the door by the stage. For help with finding available afterschool daycare providers who provide transportation to MES, please call the front office at 252-435-6521.
Last Modified on July 21, 2018