Classroom: 14Subject: English language arts252-453-2172 Ext. 4030Welcome to the 7th Grade!
Welcome to 7th grade and Currituck Middle School! I'm Ms. Payne, and this is my 27th year of teaching. I am a graduate of Currituck County High School (class of 1987), College of the Albemarle, and Elizabeth City State University. I spent the first ten years teaching fifth and sixth grade at Dr. W. T. Griggs Elementary School and have spent the last sixteen years here at Currituck County Middle School. This year I am teaching all seventh-grade English language arts classes. Daily and weekly assignments will be posted in Google Classroom. If your child is absent or is missing work, please go there to find the work. Feel free to print the assignments and to email me anytime you have any questions.
In my spare time, I enjoy playing my flute and spending time at the church.
Seventh grade standards include:
- Citing textual evidence
- Determining theme or central idea of a text
- Determining how a story's plot unfolds in a series of episodes as well as how characters respond or change as the plot progresses
- Determining the meaning of words and phrases
- Text structure
- Comparing and contrasting texts
- Point of view
- Author's purpose
- Persuasive writing
- Narrative writing
- Conventions of standard English (capitalization, punctuation, spelling, commas, parentheses)
- Figurative language (metaphor, simile, personification)
- Students will have independent reading goals due every four weeks.
Last Modified on August 16, 2018