Mrs. Christina BowyerAcademic Dean/Assistant PrincipalPictured Above: Mrs. Bowyer (left) and Mrs. Fallon (right) with our JPK Spartan Mascot.
Welcome!Brief BiographyI was born and raised in Virginia, but I have a special place in my heart for Currituck as it has always felt like home to me. As a teenager, my first job was working as a concessionist at a small movie theater. I accomplished advancement, moving on to usher, cashier, supervisor, and assistant manager roles, and eventually received a promotion to General Manager of an 18-screen megaplex. During this time, I graduated from Old Dominion University, earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in Interdisciplinary Studies (with English and Social Studies as concentration areas).
In 2002, I left the movie theater industry to embark on my educational career, beginning first with Virginia Beach City Public Schools. I came to Currituck County Schools in 2005 to teach at Moyock Middle School. And in 2008, I enthusiastically signed on as a founding member of J.P. Knapp Early College High School. Since joining the JPK Spartan family, I have worn many hats and cherished every minute. I am honored to be a part of this exceptional educational environment!Facts & Stats
When Writing a Recipe for Education, Don't Forget These Ingredients:
- 20 - The number of years I have been an educator.
- My husband, Barry, is also an educator.
- Our beautiful daughter, Madison, is now off to college.
- I have two brothers and one sister, but I am the oldest.
- I have four nieces and one nephew.
- My father is the hardest working person I have ever known.
- I love photography and have taken thousands of photographs.
- I am passionate about creating and repurposing things.
- Number of hours spent as a teacher and mentor: countless
- Experience gained from spending time as a teacher and mentor: priceless
Favorite Quotes"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And, experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer."- Dr. Randy Pausch"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."- Nelson Mandela"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."- Maya Angelou"I am a better person for being around teenagers...not because they test me, but because they have this perfect balance of unapologetic and fiery strength and unfiltered, raw vulnerability. They are beautiful examples of aliveness. We should all strive for a little more of that."- Dr. Amy Fast"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."- Michael JordanLikes (Let's be honest, LOVES)
- Mindset, Mindset & Mindset
- Oh, and did I mention Relationships?
- Family & Friends
- Animals (especially the fox, squirrel & otter)
- Random Acts of Kindness
- Sweet Tea & Dr. Pepper - Starbucks, when the opportunity presents itself
- Videos that make me laugh, smile, or cry (in under 3 minutes, the shorter, the better)
- Music & Singing Loudly in the Car
- Movies (including watching the trailers)
- Uno, Clue, Scrabble, & Battleship
- Reading & Writing
- French Toast, Garlic Knots & Taco Salad
Thank you!Thank you for visiting the J.P. Knapp Early College High School website and my personal page. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter as well. Please feel free to visit our school or contact me.Contact InformationMain Office Phone: 252-232-3107 ext. 1501Cell Phone: 757-567-4024Email: email@example.com
- The Blame Game
- Temperatures above 80 degrees (if humidity is a factor, and around here, of course, it is a factor)
- Empty Promises
- Cooked Spinach (Baby Spinach is welcome to lunch anytime)
- A favorite series ending in a cliffhanger but losing out on being renewed for another season
- Pumping Gas
- Scotch Tape that isn't truly clear
Last Modified on September 9, 2022