Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to 8th Grade Science and Earth Science
Welcome to Currituck Middle! We are glad you have chosen to join the Raider team! My name is Amber Swaney and I will be teaching 8th grade Science and Earth Science--a high school credit course--this year. I have been a part of the CCMS staff since 2019, and have been in this particular position since last year. I am a native of Currituck County and SO VERY EXCITED to be teaching in the same place where I grew up. (I went to Griggs Elementary, JP Knapp Junior High and Currituck County Middle School, and finally CCHS. Go Knights!) After high school, I received both my Bachelor's and Master's degrees through Western Governor's University and I am currently continuing my education at East Carolina University. My family and I live in Moyock, and feel blessed to be here. I look forward to many years ahead as an educator in the CCMS family and encourage you to reach out to me with any questions or concerns.
Students will begin class every day with a bell ringer question, intended to build upon their existing science vocabulary. These will be collected in a notebook, along with their notes, and will be an advantageous study tool when it comes time to prepare for their state end-of-grade testing. All work will be posted to Google Classroom, so that students who are absent will always know where to look to get themselves back on track.
- Come to class on time and prepared to work.
- Turn in COMPLETED assignments in Google Classroom.
- Be respectful of every person in the classroom, students and staff alike.
- One 3-subject spiral bound notebook
- Something to write with (I prefer pencils, but this is entirely up to you.)
- Coloring pencils and glue sticks will be helpful but are not required.
- Tissues and hand sanitizer are ALWAYS appreciated!!
Phone: 252-453-2171 Extension 4037
Office Hours: 2:30-3:30