Welcome to the Dr. W.T Griggs Title 1 Page
Please note that due to COVID-19, Title 1 services will be delivered in both in-person and in a virtual manner.
What is Title 1?
- Title 1 serves students in elementary, middle, and high schools who have demonstrated the need for additional educational assistance.
- It provides high quality targeted assistance to instruct children who need additional support in reading and in math.
- Title 1 also funds special preschool, after-school, and summer programs that extend and reinforce the regular school curriculum.
- Based on the latest data from the 2009-2010 school year, Title 1 serviced 21 million children nationwide.
- Here at Griggs, Title 1 also allows us to participate in the Reading Recovery Program.
What will Title 1 offer my child?
- The Title 1 program will provide your child with additional instruction in reading.
- Title 1 funds purchase teaching materials to supplement student instruction.
- Title 1 provides one-to-one or small group instruction for children k-5.
- Title 1 supports Family Nights each year (although these may look different this school year due to COVID).
Below are links to the Title 1 Plans for the 2020-2021 School Year
Last Modified on October 16, 2020