Mr. Markwood ELA - Grades 6, 7, and 8
1st Nine Weeks Reading Requirements
*These may be done in any order*
- Chapter Book (free choice at your reading level) - AR Test 70% or higher
- Nonfiction (free choice) - AR Test 70% or higher
- Examples: animals, famous people, plants, tornadoes, sports, etc.
- Alphabet Summary - Write a sentence about your book starting with each letter of the alphabet. You should have 26 complete sentences when you are finished. The letters “X” and “Z” are optional. I have a paper you can use to complete this activity or you can be creative and make your own.
- Traditional Literature - AR Test 70% or higher
- Examples: folktale, fairy tale, fable, myth, or tall tale
Tentative due dates: This means that they are not always due on that particular date, but are for you to keep track of where you are with your reading requirements.
September 27 October 10 October 23 October 30
**All books must be completed by October 30, 2019, which is the end of the nine weeks.**
These reading requirements will be worth 20 points in the grade book, so please make sure you complete each one.