Enrolling Your Child in Our Schools
TO REGISTER for the 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR (Kindergarten through 5th grade) 2017-18 school year, click HERE. This link will connect you to an easy to use, secure, electronic form that will notify the registrar of your pending enrollment. To complete the registration process, a legal parent/guardian MUST bring the following documents to the CCS Registration Center.Required Documents:
1. Proof of Currituck County Residency (must have parent/legal guardians name and physical property address) examples: Mortgage agreement, water bill, cable bill, lease/rental agreement.
2. Evidence of Age (Certified Birth Certificate) Kindergarten students must be 5 on or before August 31st; Pre-K must be 4 on or before August 31st of the school year they will attend.
3. Immunization records signed by a physician (See NEW IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS by clicking HERE)4. Students enrolling for the first time in a North Carolina school must complete have a current physical on the North Carolina Health Assessment Transmittal Form found HERE, for a Spanish version click HERE.
5. Picture ID of legal parent/guardian
6. Legal Custody agreement (if applicable)
7. Notarized Form (Available HERE) - A certified notary is available at the registrar's office for your convenience.
1. Social Security card of student
2. Transcripts or academic records from prior school (official records will be requested by registrar)
The Currituck County Registration Center can be reached by phone at 252.453.0205 * fax: 252.453.0551 * e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindergarten RegistrationRegistration for kindergarten classes begins in March and continues through the first few days of school; however, parents are encouraged to register their child well before the first day of school so that class sizes can be determined.
A child must be five years of age on or before August 31st in order to enter kindergarten. An official state birth certificate, proof of residency, immunization record, completed health assessment form, and other documents are not required to register a child initially, but parents are strongly encouraged to bring these documents with them to registration. They are required to be on file with the school when school starts.