ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTSTo be sure the school year gets off to a great start, parents should register their child as early as possible and prior to the first day of classes. The Currituck County Registrars Office is located at 502 Shortcut Road in Barco, NC. Office hours are 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. daily and later hours available by appointment. The CCS Registrars Office handles the registration process for all 10 schools in Currituck County.Electronic registration now available!Currituck County Schools is pleased to announce the ability to pre-register all incoming students electronically. As a parent you now have the option to complete the majority of your enrollment forms electronically from home or when you arrive at the Currituck County Schools Registration Center located at 502 Shortcut Road in Barco.
To complete the registration process, a legal parent/guardian must bring the following documents to the CCS Registration Center.
- TO REGISTER for the 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR (kindergarten through 12th) OR apply for the NCPK Preschool program for the 2018-19 school year, click HERE. This link will connect you to an easy to use, secure, electronic form that will notify the registrar of your impending enrollment.
1. Proof of Currituck County Residency (must have parent/legal guardians name and physical property address) examples: Mortgage agreement, water bill, cable bill, lease/rental agreement.2. Evidence of Age (Certified Birth Certificate) Kindergarten students must be 5 on or before August 31st; Pre-K must be 4 on or before August 31st of the school year they will attend.
3. Immunization records signed by a physician (See NEW IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS by clicking HERE)
4. NC Physical Form required by students new to NC schools.
4. Picture ID of legal parent/guardian
5. Legal Custody agreement (if applicable)6. Notarized Form (Available HERE)
1. Social Security card of student
2. Transcripts or academic records from prior school (official records will be requested by registrar)
Or click HERE for more information.