Driver's Education at CCHS
General InformationIf you are interested in registering for Driver's Ed and have not done so, please fill out the Google form online or you may pick up hard copies in the School Counseling Office.**If you have already registered, please do not register again**
Duplicate forms are unnecessary and will delay the process!
Requirements for Driver's Ed
- You must be 14.5 years of age.
- You must be passing 75% (3 out of 4) of their classes.
- You must have good attendance and behavior.
- You must be a resident of Currituck County AND enrolled in school.
- Homeschool or private school- must provide proof of grades, proof of residency, and proof the Homeschool/private school your child attends is registered with the North Carolina Division of Non-Public Education to Mrs. Chamblee prior to placement in a class.
- Students will not be placed in a class during the time when they participate in a marching band or sports.
- In-Person Classes are held Monday through Thursday from 3:15 PM - 6:15 PM. NO CLASS on Fridays.
- You must attend all in-person classes at 100%. If you cannot commit to this, you will be moved to another class.
- Students will be notified two weeks by email when they are assigned to a class. Please remember to check your email regularly.
- There will be a $25 non-refundable fee for the Driver's Education class. This fee is collected on the first day of the Driver's Education class. Please make checks payable to NC Driving School.
North Carolina Driving School provides Driver Education to Currituck County High School.
For more information about this program, please contact Yvette Chamblee at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 252-453-0014, ext 3107.