Now Hiring Substitute School Bus Drivers and MonitorsStarting Pay $15.70/$14.22/hr
Submit completed online applications to Currituck County Schools. Please consider the following minimum requirements when applying for a position as a bus driver:
The virtual class is either a 3 or 5 day course depending on the instructor. The class also requires 3 days on the road.The training takes place between 8:30 am to 5 pm each day, depending on the instructor.
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
- No charges or convictions of driving while impaired or under the influence.
- No convictions of reckless driving.
- Not more than 5 moving violation convictions.
- Fewer than 3 chargeable crashes.
- No convictions of speeding to elude arrest or failing to stop for emergency lights & siren.
- No convictions of passing a stopped school bus.
- Able to lift 150 lbs.
- Able to comply with all state and federal regulations.
The class is FREE, but a drug test, a dot physical, and a 14 day learners permit are required before you are allowed.
to complete the on the road training.Jessica Brick 252-232-2223 ext 1021Bus Driver/ Monitor Handbook 2021-2022