Now Hiring Full-Time School Bus Drivers with benefits and Sub-MonitorsThe starting pay for bus drivers is $16.75, up to $21.13 depending on the years of service.Sub Drivers $16.34The starting pay for bus monitors is $15.46, up to $19.50 depending on the years of service.Sub Monitors $15.00
Submit completed online applications to Currituck County Schools. Please consider the following minimum requirements when applying for a position as a bus driver:
The virtual class is either a 3 or 5 day course depending on the instructor. The class also requires 3 days on the road.The training takes place between 8:30 am to 5 pm each day, depending on the instructor.The following dates are the current in-person CDL classes. You must attend all 3 days.February 27, 28 and March 1, 2023May 30, 31 and June 1, 2023August 16-18 2023November 13-15 2023
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
- No charges or convictions of driving while impaired or under the influence.
- No convictions of reckless driving.
- Not more than 5 moving violation convictions.
- Fewer than 3 chargeable crashes.
- No convictions of speeding to elude arrest or failing to stop for emergency lights & siren.
- No convictions of passing a stopped school bus.
- Able to lift 150 lbs.
- Able to comply with all state and federal regulations.
The class is FREE, but a drug test, a dot physical, and a 14 day learners permit are required before you are allowed.
to complete the on the road training.Jessica Brick 252-232-2223 ext 1021Bus Driver/ Monitor Handbook 2022-2023
Last Modified on February 22, 2023