Now Hiring Substitute School Bus Drivers and MonitorsStarting Pay $15.40/$14.22/hr
Submit completed online applications to Currituck County Schools. Please consider the following minimum requirements when applying for a position as a bus driver:
The class is a 6 day course with 3 days in the classroom and 3 days on the road training.The training takes place from 8:30 am to 3 pm each day.Please remember to bring to class:Your drivers licensePen or Pencil &Paper
- H.S. diploma or GED
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
- No charges or convictions of driving while impaired or under the influence.
- No convictions of reckless driving.
- Not more than 5 moving violation convictions.
- Fewer than 3 chargeable crashes.
- No convictions of speeding to elude arrest or failing to stop for emergency light & siren.
- No convictions of passing a stopped school bus.
- Able to lift 150 lbs.
- Able to comply to all State and Federal regulations.
The class is free, but a drug test is required before you are allowed
to complete the on the road training.Regina Lee 252-232-2223 ext 1021