To be sure the school year gets off to a great start, parents of new students should register their child as early as possible and prior to the first day of classes. The Currituck County Schools Registrar's Office is located at 2958 Caratoke Hwy Building C, Currituck, NC. We are located at the rear of JP Knapp Early College High School passed the bus canopy but before you reach the basefall fields. Office hours are 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. daily. The CCS Registrars Office handles the registration process for all 10 schools in Currituck County.
Currituck County Schools is pleased to provide a convenient online registration process! Click the link below to access the online registration system.
CAUTION - Please select correct school year
Currituck County Schools understands how valuable time is and therefore offers an easy to use electronic registration system for all new students. As a parent you can complete the majority of your enrollment forms electronically from home or you may use the computers at the Currituck County Schools Registration Center located at 2958 Caratoke Hwy Building C, Currituck, NC. We are located at the rear of JP Knapp Early College High School passed the bus canopy but before you reach the basefall fields. Office hours are 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. daily.To complete the registration process, a legal parent/guardian MUST bring the following documents to the CCS Registration Center.
1. Proof of Currituck County Residency (must have parent/legal guardians name and physical property address) examples: Water bill, cable bill, lease/rental agreement.
2. Evidence of Age (Certified Birth Certificate) Kindergarten students must be 5 on or before August 31st; Pre-K must be 4 on or before August 31st of the school year they will attend.
3. Immunization records signed by a physician (See NEW IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS by clicking HERE)
4. Students enrolling for the first time in a North Carolina school must complete have a current physical on the North Carolina Health Assessment Transmittal Form found HERE, for a Spanish version click HERE.
5. Picture ID of legal parent/guardian
6. Legal Custody agreement (if applicable)
7. Notarized Form (Available HERE) - A certified notary is available at the registrar's office for your convenience.
1. Social Security card of student
2. Transcripts or academic records from prior school (official records will be requested by registrar)
The Currituck County Registration Center can be reached by phone at 252.453.0205 * fax: 252.232.2513 * e-mail email@example.com
A child must be five years of age on or before August 31st in order to enter kindergarten. An official state birth certificate, proof of residency, immunization record, completed health assessment form, and other documents are not required to register a child initially, but parents are strongly encouraged to bring these documents with them to registration. They are required to be on file with the school when school starts.The Currituck County Health Department can provide the necessary health examination. Please CLICK HERE to find the Health Assessment form that must be used. Instructions for completing can be found HERE. You can call 252-232-2271 to schedule an appointment at the Health Department.
2019-2020 Pre-K Registration
2019-20 Pre-K Registration Information:
The CCS Pre-K registration window opens in March and will close on May 8, 2019. Applications received after May 8th will be placed on a waiting list and reviewed according to the date they were received.
Acceptance to the Pre-K program is not considered on a “first come first serve” basis. Children will be considered eligible for the program based on the following criteria:
- MUST reside in Currituck County.
- MUST be completely toilet trained unless there is a documented medical condition to prevent otherwise.
- MUST be four years old on or before August 31, 2019.
- MUST complete the online registration through InfoSnap Registration before May 8, 2019.
- MUST meet the screening qualifications conducted by the CCS Pre-K Director.
Please bring the following items to the CCS Registration office to begin the application process:
- Child’s Birth Certificate for proof of age.
- Verification of Income – 2018 W-2 forms or 2018 1040 Income Tax form (i.e. 1040 form or 1040 EZ form) or current paystub(s) representing total monthly household income.
- Proof of Residence – Bills must be dated within the last 30 days – utility or service bill attached to the address of residency (water, cable, electric bill)
Upon successful completion of the registration process and screening qualifications, you will be notified of your child’s acceptance into the CCS Pre-K Program.
If you have additional questions about our Pre-K program, please contact Deidre Simmons at (252) 232-2223 for more information.
If you have questions about the online registration process, please contact the CCS registration office at (252) 453-0205.