Currituck County Schools
New Student Registration
CCS Registration Office Hours
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
PLEASE REVIEW OUR SOCIAL DISTANCING
Although our office is open to the public, there are social distance practices in place so we may safely assist you enroll your child for school. You must first complete the online registration process. You must also provide the necessary supporting documents via email to the registrar's office at email@example.com
Someone from the registration office will then contact you to let you know we have received your information and schedule a time for your to come to our office to complete the registration process. Online registration should be completed prior to sending supporting documents.
When you arrive at our office, please call (252) 453-0205 and let our staff know you are here. We will give you additional directions at that time. We are minimizing the number of people in the office to support social distancing. Only one peson per family may enter the building to complete the registration process. Please keep this in mind when scheduling a time to meet with us. Masks are encouraged when entering the office.To begin the registration process, please click on the link below:
After completing the online registration process, a legal parent/guardian MUST bring the following documents to the CCS Registration Center located at 2958 Caratoke Hwy. in Currituck, NC. Our office is located behind the JP Knapp Early College.
1. Proof of Currituck County Residency (must have parent/legal guardians name and physical property address) examples: Water bill, cable bill, lease/rental agreement.
2. Evidence of Age (Certified Birth Certificate) Kindergarten students must be 5 on or before August 31st; Pre-K must be 4 on or before August 31st of the school year they will attend.
3. Immunization records signed by a physician (See NEW IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS by clicking HERE)
4. Students enrolling for the first time in a North Carolina school must have a current physical documented on the North Carolina Health Assessment Transmittal Form found HERE, for a Spanish version click HERE.
5. Picture ID of legal parent/guardian
6. Legal Custody agreement (if applicable)
7. Notarized Form (Available HERE) - A certified notary is available at the registrar's office for your convenience.
1. Social Security card of student
2. Transcripts or academic records from prior school (official records will be requested by registrar)
To reach the Currituck County Registration Center:
Kindergarten registration for the 2021/22 school year is open!Documents needed for Kindergarten Registration:1. The child’s legal birth certificate (certificates must have a seal) OR, if your child does not have a legal birth certificate, other documented proof of age must be presented. This statement does not guarantee that the documentation presented in lieu of a legal birth certificate will be accepted. Exceptions to a legal birth certificate will be made on an individual, case-by-case basis.2. A current proof of residence – Bills must be dated within the last 30 days – utility or service bill attached to the address of residency (water, cable, electric bill).If you do not have a physical form for your child’s doctor to complete and sign, please contact our office at (252) 453-0205 and one can be emailed to you.A child must be five years of age on or before August 31st in order to enter kindergarten. An official state birth certificate, proof of residency, immunization record, completed health assessment form, and other documents are not required to register a child initially, but parents are strongly encouraged to bring these documents with them to registration. They are required to be on file with the school when school starts.The Currituck County Health Department can provide the necessary health examination. Please CLICK HERE to find the Health Assessment form that must be used. Instructions for completing can be found HERE. You can call 252-232-2271 to schedule an appointment at the Health Department.
2021-2022 Pre-K Registration
The CCS Pre-K Registration window opens March 1st!
Acceptance to the Pre-K program is not considered on a “first come first serve” basis. Children will be considered eligible for the program based on the following criteria:
- MUST reside in Currituck County.
- MUST be completely toilet trained unless there is a documented medical condition to prevent otherwise.
- MUST be four years old on or before August 31, 2021.
- MUST complete the online registration through PowerSchool Registration before May 15, 2021.
- MUST meet the screening qualifications conducted by the CCS Pre-K Director.
Please bring the following items to the CCS Registration office to begin the PreK application process:
- Child’s Birth Certificate for proof of age.
- Verification of Income – 2020 W-2 forms or 2020 1040 Income Tax form (i.e. 1040 form or 1040 EZ form) or current paystub(s) representing total monthly household income.
- Proof of Residence – Bills must be dated within the last 30 days – utility or service bill attached to the address of residency (water, cable, electric bill)
Upon successful completion of the registration process and screening qualifications, you will be notified of your child’s acceptance into the CCS Pre-K Program.
If you have additional questions about our Pre-K program, please contact Rebecca Palumbo at (252) 453-0205, ext. 1037 for more information.