Mrs. D's Policies and Procedures
Introduction: Welcome to 7th grade. I hope you had a wonderful and relaxing summer! I am looking forward to an exciting new school year and having all you in my classes. This year my students will be doing an interactive notebook online as well as regular spiral notebook.
1- 3 subject notebook
Pencils (Mechanical Pencils would be best)
This year your child will be studying the various areas in Science. We will begin with Geology focusing on weather and earth’s atmosphere. We will then move onto Biology concentrating on cell basics and genetics. We will end our course study with Physics studying forces, motion, simple machines and energy.
Throughout the year I do update from day-to-day what your child will be doing in class on my webpage. Just simply go to the Currituck County Public School website and fine the drop down arrow to show the different schools. Choose Moyock Middle School and then go to the tab that says Teacher Pages and find my name. Once you get to my page look on the right side and you will see a tab for calendar and click on it. There you will find the day-to-day plan. You can also see up and coming tests on my webpage as well as just by clicking on the tab that states Test/quiz dates.
1. Be on time, listen, follow all directions, and rules.
2. Come to class prepared and positive about learning
3. Stay on task, participate, and do your best
4. Respect others' differences.
4. No electronic devices allowed...they need to be off and in lockers at all times (SEE it, Hear it, Take it)
1. Classroom Interventions
2. Parent(s)/Guardian(s) are contacted
3. Office Referral
****Major offenses are handled as outlined in the Student Handbook located in the students’ agenda.
Students need to come to class daily with your notebook, agenda, and pens/pencils ready. Any extra supplies needed for class the teacher will notify students before the bell or the day before. They also need to keep all bookbags and other bags in their locker. Once in class they need to listen for instructions and follow them the first time they are given. Any additional procedures will be introduced throughout the year and will be explained, rehearsed and reinforced.
The main objective is to help your child achieve success in all academic areas. To ensure this, I feel that regular communication between parents and teachers is necessary. Below is a list of methods of communication that we will use throughout the year.
1. E-mail: email@example.com
Please feel free to email me with any questions or concerns.
2. Phone Calls: I will make phone calls as needed to parents. The best time to reach me is between 9:54-11:28am. You can always call at another time to leave a voice mail and I will return your call as soon as possible. (252) 435-2566 ext. 9011