Currituck County Middle School aims to be an exemplary learning community that produces lifelong learners of sound character that are able to live in and make a positive contribution to a changing world.
In order to prepare our students to be lifelong learners that live in and make a positive contribution to a changing world, Currituck County Middle School fosters a positive learning environment based on high expectations, that meet the academic, cultural, and social needs of our students by providing a rigorous school curriculum, building and nurturing positive relationships, and creating a safe learning environment that allows our students to reach their fullest potential.
We believe that:
- all students can achieve when given a variety of support strategies and an unwavering belief in the power of high expectations.
- all students are entitled to learn in a safe, healthy, and orderly environment.
- our school is the center of our community and it is our responsibility to provide opportunities for students to be responsible and productive citizens.
- every student is unique and we must identify and foster each student’s strengths.
- collaboration is essential when building a community of lifelong learners.
- “grit” is critical to successful learning and must be cultivated and nurtured.