We Believe...Learn about our WHY
and HOW we do it!
Click HERE to learn more about myOn
Click HERE for login directions
Here are some tips parents can use to encourage students to keep the pages turning all summer long:
• Contact your child’s teacher of school media specialist for information on how to access a FREE myON Reader account for your student.
• Read aloud together with your child every day, and let your child read to you.
• Encourage your child to swap books with his or her friends and then discuss what they have read.
• Set a good example! Keep lots of reading material around the house and limit distractions, such as TV and video games.
• Take your child to the library regularly. Most libraries have special summer reading activities.
• Use “Find a Book” to help your children generate their own personalized reading list.
• Subscribe to magazines that are of interest to your child, like Sports Illustrated for Kids, Highlights for Children and National Geographic.
• Make reading a part of life. If a text is relevant to a child’s life, he or she will want to read it.
• Discuss with your child what they read. The analytical skills used in discussion are what your child needs for developing critical thinking in reading, not to mention in life.